Thanksgiving is the perfect time to reflect and acknowledge the many blessings in our lives so we can continue to manifest more of them. Why not reserve more than one day a year to recognize what is important to you & to give thanks for what you have in your life? Stop right now and make a date with yourself 4 times a year to reflect on the blessings in your life. Schedule a date for yourself in your Smart Phone, Outlook, I-Phone, paper calendar (yes, people still use the good old standby paper method) or what ever system you use and give yourself 5 minutes 4 times a year to take stock of what’s important to you. Heck, go ahead, challenge yourself to do it more than 4 times a year! Or what if instead of keeping it to yourself, you TOLD people that you were grateful for them, or something they did right when they did it? What difference would it make in you, your family, friends, employees, and co-workers, gosh what might be different with each person you touch?
Who are you blessed to have in your life? What are you grateful for? Take 5 minutes and make your list, then go tell a few people that you enjoy having them in your life and why. Spread some positive energy through your part of the world and together we can make a positive ripple effect that can reach beyond our dreams!
Here are a few things on my gratitude list, and yes, I just spread some of that positive energy around too!
I am filled with gratitude for:
- Each of you reading this right now, for you too have touched my life.
- To the many people who have trusted in me and who have allowed the horses to be a guide in transforming your life.
- My wonderful parents who are healthy, happy and enjoying wintering in Florida.
- Jim, my loving, supportive and wonderful husband who grounds me when I need it, gives me wings when I need to fly and is always there for me when I land.
- Jenny, my daughter, friend, a great mother to their children, whom I love with all my heart and her fun loving husband Dave.
- Charley, my son who is the greatest father to his two boys.
- Terri, Lauren and Josh! Thank you for being in my life!
- The men & women serving our country who give unselfishly of themselves.
- To each of you that support me during all the ups & downs of life, you know who you are and I am blessed by your presence.
- My family, friends, associates, clients, and neighbors for the gift of being you.
- Mary, for following your path and moving forward allowing me to move into a greater focus & clarity of my work.
- Waking up this morning, to see, hear and touch the beauty around me.
- The ability to walk to the barn, smell the crisp morning air, feel nuzzle of my horse on my face; hear the birds call to me, the ability to lift a bale of hay to feed the horses, and to watch them run through the pasture.
- The stillness, silence, and peace of the land we shepherd.
- Our wonderful golden treasures that add so much love & joy to our lives.
- The great horned owl in the woods, the resident hawk, the deer, the migrating birds, the geese that always remind me of hope, and the many other creatures that allow us to share their space with them.
- The abundance that is in my life and continues to show up.
- The phone call I received yesterday from John, thanking me for giving his employees the gift of the SAL workshop experience that has transformed their lives. Thank you for sharing your joy John, it touched my heart.
- All of my SAL pals who have for the past 6 years opened up and had the courage to move their lives forward, to be in the moment with us & explore all the possibilities life has to offer.
- Our contractors that did a fantastic job on the addition/renovation of our home. But more importantly for their caring attitude & protection while being in our home. We are happy to call you "friends".
- My little brother who unselfishly served 30 years in the Navy, who is finding life doesn't have to be so stressful as a civilian. I love you!
- Akron Children's Hospital for taking the leap of faith in bringing your doctors to LEAD this year, and for seeing the value in the work we do to continue. Thank you Karen!
When we are positive, we radiate positive energy to others and we can create unique a ripple effect. Imagine the possibilities!
Bill Keane, Family Circus 11/17/08 wrote "Your day goes the way the corners of your mouth turn. So smile." and spread the positive energy around.
With gratitude, thanks, and blessings for being part of my life!
Have a Safe and Wonder-filled Thanksgiving!
Sue E. Thomas, MSODA, PCC
Professional Certified Coach
Email me at: SueThomas@LeadershipEAD.com
Visit Our Website
"HorsePower: Transforming the Professional and Personal Arenas of Your Life"